“My primary goal is a holistic, patient-centered experience. I believe that by prioritizing patient education, as well as engaging in active listening, we can discuss all of the available treatment options, and together design a realistic treatment plan that is specifically tailored to the individual’s goals, expectations, and lifestyle.”
Meet Dr. Ethan Hyde
Dr. Ethan Hyde was born and raised in Royal Oak, Michigan, a suburb just outside the city limits of Detroit. Dr. Hyde completed his undergraduate degree at Michigan State University where he graduated with a B.S. in Kinesiology. With a strong background and passion for sports medicine, Dr. Hyde attended Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where he graduated in 2019. Following graduation, he attended his top choice, comprehensive 3-year surgical residency program at St. Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital in metro Detroit. During his residency, he had extensive exposure to traumatic injuries, as well as difficult reconstructions.
Dr. Hyde has a passion for wound care, diabetic limb salvage, flat foot reconstructions, sports medicine, and advanced minimally invasive techniques. Dr. Hyde is board qualified in both foot and rearfoot surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. Dr. Hyde is a member of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, as well as the Tennessee Podiatric Medical Association.
In his spare time, Dr. Hyde enjoys spending time with his fianceé Katie, and their dog Weller. Dr. Hyde loves weightlifting, playing soccer, hiking, exploring local breweries, traveling, and trying out new recipes.
- Bachelor of Science Kinesiology from Michigan State University – 2014
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine – 2019
- Postgraduate Podiatric medicine and surgery/Reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery residency at St. Mary Mercy Hospital 2019-2022
- Licensed Podiatrist Tennessee
- Foot and Rearfoot Qualified from American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Traumatic Injuries
- Diabetic Limb Salvage
- Sports Medicine
- Flat Foot Reconstruction
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Publications / Presentations / Special Courses & Seminars
- Myers D.J., Hyde E.A. (August 01, 2021). Aggressive Nodular Malignant Melanoma. Cureus 13 (8): e16819.
- Vlahovic T.C. et al. (2021) Disorders of Nails. In: Smoller B., Bagherani N. (eds). Atlas of Dermatology, Dermatopathology and Venereology. Springer, Cham.
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Member of the Tennessee Podiatric Medical Association
- Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association